Monday 22 August 2011

Meg's Party



Hope came with me to Flicka and after we were dropped off to Hope's to get ready. I only had nine minutes to get in and out of le shower and we had to be out of the door by five ish, we only got there at half four. Hope borrowed my peter pan costume and my Pocahontas costume that actually looked ok!! You could  tell I was an Indian...which is good :) we just about caught the bus to st austell where Hope did my makeup for me and at the bus station french plaited my hair. We got told by some bus drivers that the bus from Mevagissy to Gorran wasn't going there and we had just missed the last one of the day, and that walking from Meva to Gorran would be about 2 miles or so. Waited for the bus to Meva, rang people with no success, then this lady told us that  she had a friend that lived in Meva and she would ask her how far away hemmick beach is. She told us that it was just over the hill. Not far away at all. Got off at Meva and asked a shop keeper, she said it was around 3 miles or so and that it was pretty far away. She gave us directions...but we're not very good at digesting them..so we might have got a bit lost. Ended up cutting through some (we hope) public footpath fields, and walking from Mevagissy to Gorran then to Hemmick beach, for four and a half hours or so. We left Meva at 5 and eventually got to the party at half nine. We met some cows and sheep on our travels, and asked around six people for directions, one of which I knocked on their door. The way there wasn't exactly flat either, it was very hilly, and our legs were killing us by the end of it. My costume slowly was fully apart a bit which wasnt too good. When we finally got there though, there were people we knew and it was nice to see them again. Lysette, Nathan, Jess, Sam and obv Meg. Met Henry, he was rather drunk. Went in the sea a few times, and cut my finger on the opening of Hope's beer can. Then had to get Sam to shine his torch on my finger and Hope's bag while I tried to find a plaster. Tom helped me put the plaster on. I actually think it might scar over. Oh well :P When it came to putting up the tent we brought it was too dark, so me and Hope ended up sharing Henry's tent with Sam. Me and Sam had a right natter. Started raining in the morning,  me,Hope and this other guy had to walk for about half a mile to Gorran Churchtown, to get the bus to St Austell. We we're soaked. Every bit of clothing was wet. Not nice. At St Austell bus station bought Hope and me some hot soup, and went back to Hope's (Home) Hope went to work, and I made tea. Lasagna and Queen of Puddings. Wasn't too bad if I say so myself. :P Stayed at Hopes still Monday morning because I had to go to Flicka. On Sunday I was only needed till 3 so I had a nice chat with Julie, and did some writing. I feel more relaxed and at home there than I do at my own. It feels odd to be at home.....


No comments:

Post a Comment