Sunday 13 November 2011

Cries never heard.





It cries out, the crazed branches of emotion.
It cries out like the wind howls out winter days.
Holding me up, a shadow of what has past.
Its warm frozen hands embracing me.
Healing wounds. It stays there with me in this
panicked world of my head.
I kick scream, hate and pulsate.
Yet it stays holding me down till I subside.

It cries out molten lava filling up its lungs.
It drops me.
Blood chokes its mouth, throat tightens.
It cannot breath.

I gaze up at the pain, as it cries.
Tears at its head, screams at swollen arteries burst out,
Smothering me in its glistening liquid.
A knife.
It appears in my grasp.
I cry out as it pulls me down into its embrace.

It cries out as I stab it.
Sucked into the ground it leaves me.


Stillness becomes it as I become still.

Solidarity is nothing compared with its rhythmic pulse
 keeping me under soothing dizzying comfort.

Huddled inside myself.

Life passes over, mirrored in my own reflection.






No comments:

Post a Comment